This month four brothers from Kent’s newest and coolest mobile events bar The Dawdling Duck join us on the blog from their converted Horse Box Bar.
I first met The Dawdling Duck team at Phoebe + Nick’s awesome tipi wedding back in June, and couldn’t wait to get them lined up for our Supplier Spotlight feature! They were full of fun, charm and wit, and their answers below are, too!
They take on our quick-fire questions for September’s Supplier Spotlight feature to tell us all about their brand new family venture. Here they talk gins, cocktails and their love for Sunday dinners… and tipis….
Please Introduce Yourself
Hello we are The Dawdling Duck! We are four brothers (I’m Marcus) with a converted Horse Box that operates as a quirky mobile bar. We solve all your drinks needs for your big day, and do it all whilst looking pretty cool! (Even if we do say so ourselves!)
1. What made you want to set up your business?
I worked as a photographer with my wife (Lemonade Pictures) for a few years and noticed that bars for weddings seemed to be overpriced and a little outdated.
2. What’s the best part of your job?
Getting to meet loads of lovely couples and tons of fun guests. It’s great to be the ones fuelling the party in the evening! Usually with lots of gin!
3. What’s the worst part of your job?
4. What’s the weirdest request you’ve ever had from a client?
The weirdest request – if we would serve drinks as cheeky butlers for the evening…
5. What’s been your favourite ever wedding you’ve worked on/at?
That’s a tough question I wouldn’t want to choose one! I love a tipi, a band and an awesome party!
6. You’re surrounded by beauty in your job. What do you find beautiful?
A frosted vessel shimmering in the sunlight, comprised of a heavenly fusion of liquor and tonic, embellished with citruses! (A G&T in the sun!)
7. Best piece of advice to offer to those getting married?
Don’t take any advice from me….you will just end up drunk!
8. Anyone you particularly admire in the industry?
Lemonade Pictures! I know I am slightly biased but her work in the wedding industry is fantastic. She never ceases to amaze me with her creative work and the way she makes couples feel at ease on what can potentially be a stressful day for them.
9. Best piece of advice you’ve ever been given?
The best advice has simply been, to be myself and enjoy my work!
10. What was your career plan B?
If the bar doesn’t work out I will probably just be a spy.
11. Where do you call home?
12. Favourite restaurant?
Oak on the Green in Bearsted.
13. Favourite film?
Thor, He’s the man!
14. Cocktail of choice?
Dark and Stormy.
15. Your biggest extravagance?
Holidays! We try and do a big one every year.
16. Do you collect anything?
17. If you could buy any building, which would it be?
The O2 – we could turn it into one massive bar! Imagine the parties we would have in there!
18. What’s the most romantic thing someone’s ever done for you?
Me: “Wife what have you done for me that’s romantic?”
Wife: “I married you didn’t I!”
19. Where do you go to let your hair down?
Me and my brothers all go to our mum’s on a Sunday with all our families for dinner! We do it every week without fail and it’s a perfect end to the week to unwind.
20. Tell us something surprising about yourself!
I can walk on my hands!
21. Invisibility or flight?
Invisibility, because ducks can already fly…
22. Any regrets in life?
23. Tell us your favourite Instagram accounts at the moment!
24. If you could change one thing in the world what would it be?
More parent and child parking spaces.
Thank you so much to The Dawdling Duck brothers for taking part! Very entertaining! And I absolutely love the sound of their sunset sparkling G&T…is it the weekend yet?!