Talk to anyone recently married and no doubt they will admit to feeling both excited and nervous the night before tying the knot.
Wedding nerves are all par for the course – and of course anything and everything that you can imagine going wrong either doesn’t happen, or goes completely unnoticed by your nearest and dearest anyway! But it’s natural to feel nervous when you’ve spent so much time and money planning your big day – so don’t fret!
Having worked with so many couples now, I wanted to share my go-to advice that I try to reassure them with the night before!
1. You will never get these same people in the same room again until your funeral (seriously!), so try to enjoy it! Don’t feel you need to talk to everyone, because by the time you get round everyone, the day will be over! It’s not your funeral, you will see them again… you just won’t have them all in the same room with you again at the same time. So live, laugh, love, and dance!
2. Relax and enjoy the ride – take your hands off the wheel now and just let it happen (because there’s not really much else you can do now anyway!).
3. Enjoy every minute of the celebrations because you won’t get the chance to do it again! You won’t believe how fast it goes so celebrate every moment you can!
4. Nervous about your speech? Don’t be! You will never speak to a warmer crowd; everyone is here today because they love you.
5. And finally… Get a good sleep, because your wedding is the party of your life!