A few weeks ago I was kindly invited to a wonderful event hosted at the RSA to preview the latest collection from wedding dress designer Sassi Holford. It was a very glam affair, showing the venue’s best rooms and angles, and treating guests to the best cocktails and delicious food in the process! Not to mention all the wonderful suppliers on board to make it look stunning as well!
So here it is! All the lovely photos from the evening, for your viewing pleasure – and wedding venue, food, flavours, drinks, and dress inspiration!
Cocktail Hour – A Warm Welcome
We were welcomed into the Benjamin Franklin room at the RSA with a selection of yummy food and drink – including signature cocktails. Cosmopolitans and a Bramble Gin cocktail went down a treat with guests, as well as prosecco (of course!), and an elderflower fizz mocktail – the bar was jam packed, but the cocktails were delicious once we made it there!
Canapes were served during the drinks reception, selected from the RSA’s current Autumn/Winter menus, which included:
- Syrian spiced lamb kleftiko, red pepper hummus, pomegranate, pine kernels, parsley
- Ssamjang octopus lollipop, red dragon sauce, pickled radish
- Kimchi pickled quail’s eggs, ssamjang mayo
- Sweet potato and walnut kofta
None of which I think I would ever have chosen, but all were delicious! It was a very curated menu and it worked so well with the cocktails.
The New Sassi Holford Collection
After we were sufficiently fed and watered, we were then led upstairs for the start of the catwalk and for the unveiling of Sassi’s new collection…
I was sat on this side, conveniently just out of shot to the left in this photo!
Just a few that caught my eye…
Then The Party!
Then after we were wowed by the variety and beauty of Sassi’s new collection, we were then led downstairs to The Vaults, for the party afterwards!
I just loved the change in atmosphere compared to the other spaces the RSA has to offer, a great party space for sure.
Down in The Vaults, we were served the RSA’s Northern European market stall menu showcasing the best of British cured meats & European artisan cheeses, with live carved Serrano ham. And it was yum! Definitely needed after all the cocktails earlier!
Olivia from their wedding team tells me this is a really popular option for wedding evening buffets. And I can see why! It was quite the feast!
- Selection of Cannon and Cannon British artisan salamis and cured meats
- Chorizo Scotch eggs or Black Forest bacon & wild mushroom sausage rolls
- Carved Serrano ham
- A selection of British and continental cheeses
- Chutneys, pickles, quince jelly, celery and grapes
- Artisan breads and cheese straws
And it was constantly replenished, which is something that is often overlooked for evening food!
The Pudding Table
We then finished the evening with an impressive pudding table which saw the chefs get interactive and create this from scratch live in front of the guests! Finished off expertly with a with a dry ice effect, which had everyone reaching for their phones to capture!
The pudding table was dressed with a selection of:
- Rhubarb custard tartlets
- Vanilla & raspberry macarons
- Raspberry cupcake chocolates
- White chocolate & strawberry mousse
- Pink & white toasted marshmallows
Thank you to the RSA for making us feel so welcome and for such a wonderful evening!
CONTACTS AND SUPPLIERS
- Photography – Fiona Kelly
- Cakes – Rosalind Miller
- Stationery – Strawberry Sorbet
- Florist – Mary Jane Vaughan
- Furniture hire – Velvet living
- Glassware/furniture – Well-dressed tables
- DJ – Matt Maurice
- Saxophonist – Full circle
- Shoes – Emmy London
- Jewellery – Stephanie Browne
- Head dresses – Dolecka
- Hair – Carmichael and Koniack
- Make Up – Kyra Valentina
And in case you wondered….
RSA House Wedding Packages – £161
• Exclusive use of Whole House including Benjamin Franklin Room, the Great Room and the Vaults from midday until midnight (extension until 2am available)
• The Drawing Room as a dressing room
• Sparkling reception (1/2 bottle of prosecco)
• Signature CH&CO nibbles during the drink’s reception
• Three Course Fine Dining menu followed by tea, coffee and petit fours
• Private wedding tasting experience for the couple
• Half a bottle of house wine with the meal
• Sparkling wine to toast
• State of the art sound, lighting, personalised welcome screens and a dedicated AV technician to take care of everything
• Dance floor
• Floor lanterns, tea lights, poseur tables and furniture
• Wedding Venue Planner
Based on a minimum of 100 guests at £161 (inclusive of VAT).
Please email any hellos or enquiries to email@example.com