This month, the wonderfully talented Gemma from Cotton Candy Photography joins on the blog to tell us all about her work as a wedding photographer in our latest Supplier Spotlight interview…
An extra special one for me because Gem was my wedding photographer (4 years ago)!
Please Introduce Yourself:
Hi! My name is Gemma. I’ve been a full time wedding photographer (Cotton Candy Photography) since 2010, and I married my best friend Adam in 2015. We live in Southsea with our beautiful daughter Rae and our awesome dog Busby.
Your business… Cotton Candy Photography
1. What made you want to set up your business?
I got into wedding photography following my Masters Degree in Digital Marketing and Design. My final dissertation at university became my full time job, and from then on it’s all been a bit too good to be true!
2. What’s the best part of your job?
I love that I get to meet all sorts of different people and become a part of their awesome day – meet their families and hang out with their friends. That’s pretty cool!
3. What’s the worst part of your job?
I’m not sure there is one!
4. What’s the weirdest request you’ve ever had from a client?
I don’t think I’ve ever thought any request was weird. Everyone is different, and I’m working with people on their wedding day, so more than often my couples requests are all about everything feeling perfect. I’m pretty relaxed and happy with most requests!
5. What’s been your favourite ever wedding you’ve worked on/at?
Well, aside from yours of course! (Ha! Thanks Gem!!) I absolutely loved working on all of my weddings from last season, especially the two that I got to photograph in Greece. They were pretty epic!
6. You’re surrounded by beauty in your job. What do you find beautiful?
7. Best piece of advice to offer to those getting married?
To relax and enjoy it.
8. Anyone you particularly admire in the industry?
I am really liking Anna Jones at the moment. She’s an American photographer.
9. Best piece of advice you’ve ever been given?
Probably to just be cool. Don’t sweat the small stuff.
10. What was your career plan B?
11. Where do you call home?
12. Favourite shop?
13. Favourite restaurant?
Montparnasse in Southsea.
14. Who would you have play you in a movie about your life?
People say I look a bit like Emily Blunt. I’ll take that and go with it!
15. Cocktail of Choice?
16. Your biggest extravagance?
17. Do you collect anything?
18. If you could buy any building, which one would it be?
Something Art Deco.
19. What’s the most romantic thing someone’s ever done for you?
Probably when my husband proposed in Santorini.
20. Where do you go to let your hair down?
Anywhere with the girls!
21. Tell us something surprising about yourself!
Is this a hidden talent type thing? Oh god … this is lame but I can say that really long train station in Welsh!
22. Invisibility or flight?
23. Any regrets in life?
24. Tell us your favourite Instagram accounts at the moment!
Anything that flows nicely. I’ve started to become obsessed with the Instagram flow and I’m attempting to make mine look tonally in tune. Sad times?
25. If you could change one thing in the world what would it be?
How lovely to get to know Gemma a little better! Totally with you on Brexit, Gem… and this blog has been lined up to get publish for about 6 months and it’s still going on!
Thank you to Gemma from Cotton Candy Photography for taking part in our latest Supplier Spotlight interview! Aren’t her images and work just stunning?!
Please email any hellos or enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org